Wednesday 16 May 2012

The First Kiss by Cameron Lawton

I wasn't going to let this happen.  I'd been let down so many times and love always ends in heartbreak.  Don't go there, girl.  Wrap your heart in solid steel and never let anyone in ............ever again.

When Pam introduced me to George I wasn't impressed.  He was ugly, clumsy and stand-offish.

I tried to make friends but he pissed on my shoe.  So I picked him up and looked in his eyes.  He was scared stiff.  Then it happened.  He kissed me.  Like puppies do - that first hesitant lick on the nose ... and I was sold, gone, completely lost.

I held his warm soft head to my face and felt tears coming.  So I'd lost my old collie and I'd evenutally lose this one but I'd fallen in love.  George was busy snuffling my neck and wriggling in closer.

"OK, Pam, OK, I'll take him."

You never get over your first kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment